Boy & Girl Scout Programs
Medicine Merit Badge Program
Every other year, Aspirus Wausau Hospital hosts a half-day clinic where Boy Scouts have the opportunity to earn the Medicine Merit Badge. Medicine Merit Badge is a fun merit badge appropriate for most Scouts.
During the program, the Scouts will learn about health care positions, educational requirements, and the practice of medicine. They will visit several stations, where they will receive an overview of robotic surgery, nuclear medicine, treatment of muscular injuries, orthopedic surgery, nephrology, blood pressure, and critical care transport.
Date: 2016 date TBA
Location: Aspirus Wausau Hospital Medallion Rooms (just inside the main entrance of the hospital).
333 Pine Ridge Blvd, Wausau, WI 54401
Eligibility: Any Scout is eligible. This program is limited in space. Do not register unless you can attend. Troops will lose the right to attend if they have no shows or if the Scouts have incomplete pre-work.
- Complete a Merit Badge Application (blue card) and bring to the clinic.
- Registration will begin in the fall of 2015 for the 2016 program.
- Download and complete the pre-requisite workbook located in the Preparation for the Session section on the right of this page. PDF informational pages are available as well.
You are NOT registered until you receive a second e-mail confirmation.
- Scouts must attend the session for the entire scheduled time – no exceptions.
- Every Scout must wear his class A uniform.
- Those not in uniform will not be allow to participate.
- Pre-work listed below must be properly completed before the clinic.
- Scouts with incomplete pre-work will not be allowed to join the clinic.
Registration will begin in the fall of 2015 for the 2016 program.