Preparing for the Future: Translating Cardiovascular Therapies into Practical Solutions to Improve Patient Care
- What: 24th Annual Aspirus Heart & Vascular Winter Conference
- When: February 14, 2014
- Time: 8 am-5 pm
- Where: Westwood Conference Center, Wausau
- Registration: Registration is full.
Topics & Speakers
Click below for details on our topics & speakers:
- The Evolving Landscape of Lipid Management
Michael H. Davidson, MD, FACC, FACP | Download Presentation (PDF)
- Recognize the causal relationship between triglyceride rich lipoproteins and cardiovascular disease.
- Identify the patient in which advanced risk assessment may have clinical utility.
- Pre-Operative Evaluation: A Simplified Approach
Rodney Mayhorn, MD | Download Presentation (PDF)
- Identify five components of the Cardiac Risk Index.
- Recognize which patients may proceed directly to the operating room after pre-operative evaluation.
- Syncope Clinic: An Organized Approach to Managing Patients with Loss of Consciousness
Andrew Mykytsey, MD, FACC | Download Presentation (PDF)
- Identify the common causes and treatments of patients with syncope.
- Recognize an integrated approach to managing syncope patients.
- The Use of New Oral Anticoagulant Agents for Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation and the Treatment of Venous Thromboemolic Disease
David Murdock, MD, MS, FACC, FACP | Download Presentation (PDF)
- Define the scope of the problem.
- Current treatments and limitations.
- The role of new Novel anticoagulants.
- Renal Artery Denervation: A Breakthrough Therapy for Drug Resistant Hypertension
Meital Mazor, PhD, MBA | Download Presentation (PDF)
- Identify the treatment options for renal denervation.
- Describe clinical and pre-clinical results of the different renal denervation devices.
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
Warren M. Jackman, MD, FACC, FHRS | Download Presentation (PDF)
- Recognize the types of arrhythmia that occur in Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome patients and risks of sudden death.
- Recognize the role and technique of catheter ablation of accessory pathways.
- Advances in Treatment Options for Limb Salvage
Benjamin J. Herdrich, MD | Download Presentation (PDF)
- Identify the treatment options for limb salvage.
- Recognize the different specialty care providers involved in the care of limb salvage patients.
- Trans-catheter treatment for valvular heart disease: Where are we in 2014 and where are we headed?
Ronald H. Miles, MD, FACS | Download Presentation (PDF)
- Identify current candidates for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR).
- Describe the current limitations of the TAVR technology.
- Recognize the status of percutaneous mitral valve repair and replacement.
Registration is full. If you have any questions, contact Sharon Thacker at 715-847-2000, extension 55245.