Preparing for the Future: Translating Cardiovascular Therapies into Practical Solutions to Improve Patient Care
- What: 24th Annual Aspirus Heart & Vascular Institute Winter Conference
- When: February 14, 2014
- Time: 8 am-5 pm
- Where: Westwood Conference Center, Wausau
- Registration: Online registration available below.
Topics & Speakers
The Evolving Landscape of Lipid Management
Michael H. Davidson, MD, FACC, FACP
- Recognize the causal relationship between triglyceride rich lipoproteins and cardiovascular disease.
- Identify the patient in which advanced risk assessment may have clinical utility.
Pre-Operative Evaluation: A Simplified Approach
Rodney Mayhorn, MD
- Identify five components of the Cardiac Risk Index.
- Recognize which patients may proceed directly to the operating room after pre-operative evaluation.
Syncope Clinic: An Organized Approach to Managing Patients with Loss of Consciousness
Andrew Mykytsey, MD, FACC
- Identify the common causes and treatments of patients with syncope.
- Recognize an integrated approach to managing syncope patients.
The Times They Are a Changin’: New Frontiers in Atrial Fibrillation Stroke Prevention
Rod S. Passman, MD, FACC, FHRS, MSCE
- • Describe two new therapies for atrial fibrillation stroke prevention.
- • Identify which interventions are most appropriate for particular patients based on their risk profiles.
Renal Artery Denervation: A Breakthrough Therapy for Drug Resistant Hypertension
Meital Mazor, PhD, MBA
- • Identify the treatment options for renal denervation.
- • Describe clinical and pre-clinical results of the different renal denervation devices.
Warren M. Jackman, MD, FACC, FHRS
- Recognize the types of arrhythmia that occur in Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome patients and risks of sudden death.
- Recognize the role and technique of catheter ablation of accessory pathways.
Advances in Treatment Options for Limb Salvage
Benjamin J. Herdrich, MD
- Identify the treatment options for limb salvage.
- Recognize the different specialty care providers involved in the care of limb salvage patients.
Trans-catheter treatment for valvular heart disease: Where are we in 2014 and where are we headed?
Ronald H. Miles, MD, FACS
- Identify current candidates for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR).
- Describe the current limitations of the TAVR technology.
- Recognize the status of percutaneous mitral valve repair and replacement.
Register for the 2014 Winter Conference by filling out the form below: