Cancer Clinical Trials
This is a current listing of active clinical trials at the Aspirus Regional Cancer Center. From this list you can select a specific cancer that you are interested in (for example, breast or colon cancer) and then review the clinical trials that are active at the Aspirus Regional Cancer Center for that specific disease.
Trial Name: Name of Trial: A Phase II Study of Velcade and Temsirolimus for Relapsed or Refractory B-cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.
Protocol ID: HO10407
· Male or female participants 18 years of age or older
· Relapsed or refractory B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma which includes: diffuse lymphoma; mantle cell lymphoma; small lymphocytic lymphoma; marginal zone lymphoma; lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma; B-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma; or Burkitt lymphoma.
· Must meet required laboratory values
· Female participants must be either post-menopausal for at least 1 year before the screening visit, is surgically sterilized or if they are of childbearing potential, agree to practice 2 effective methods of contraception or agree to completely abstain from heterosexual intercourse.
· Male participants even if surgically sterilized (i.e., status post vasectomy) must agree to 1 of the following: practice effective barrier contraception or completely abstain from heterosexual intercourse.
· Patient has hypersensitivity to bortezomib (Velcade), boron or mannitol
· Female participant is pregnant or breast-feeding
· Serious medical or psychiatric illness that is likely to interfere with participation in this clinical study.
· Diagnosed or treated for another malignancy within 2 years of enrollment, with the exception of complete resection of basal cell carcinoma or squamous cell carcinoma of the skin, an in situ malignancy, or low-risk prostate cancer after curative therapy.
Prior therapy with both bortezomib (Velcade) and temsirolimus. Patients who have previously been treated with either bortezomib (Velcade) or temsirolimus (but not both) are eligible.
Enrollment: • Approximately 40 participants from several institutions across Wisconsin will take part in this study.
No direct benefit can be guaranteed to you for your participation in this study. This study may lead to a better understanding of how to treat B-cell non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, and possibly better treatments based on results from this study for subjects in the future. However, you may not receive any benefit from participating in this study.
These clinical trial overviews are intended to provide a brief overview of the clinical trial. To help determine whether the trial is appropriate for you, the major eligibility criteria are listed above. To obtain more information on the eligibility and the treatment plan, please contact our Oncology Clinical Research Coordinator, Beth Knetter at 715-847-2353 or 1-800-283-2881, ext.72353.
Created: Jul 5, 2012
Updated: Jan 18, 2013