Types of Injuries
The Aspirus Trauma Center treats injured patients with the best possible care available. Patients come from 18 counties in Central & Northern Wisconsin and upper Michigan. Falls, motor vehicle, snow sports, motorcycle, and recreational accidents account for most of the injuries that we treat in the Trauma Center.
Mechanism of Injury for Trauma Cases - 2012
Motor Vehicle Crashes 29%
Snow Sports 9%
All-Terrain Vehicles 3%
Because many injuries are preventable, the Aspirus Trauma Center participates in many injury prevention programs.
Safe Kids Wausau Area
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the proud leader of the Safe Kids Wausau Area Coalition, which seeks to improve childhood safety through many initiatives such as; car seat, bicycle, home, pedestrian, water and fire safety.
To help reduce the impact of injuries, SafeKids Wausau Area provides the following programs:
- Car seat check events on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
- Girl Scout Safety Wise program
- Bicycle safety programs in local schools.
- Delivering Fire Prevention – Teaching families about the importance of working smoke alarms.
- Splash into Safety – Teaching children about water safety
Calendar of Events
Check out some upcoming events of the Safe Kids Wausau Area Coalition.
If you are interested in a safety presentation, please contact the Injury Prevention Coordinator at 715-847-2864
Video: Car Seat Safety