Each person receiving care from Aspirus VNA Home Health, Inc. (VNA) shall have the right:
- To be fully informed as evidenced by the patient's written acknowledgment of these rights and of all rules and regulations governing patient's responsibilities prior to the initiation of care or treatment.
- To have Aspirus VNA Home Health, Inc. promptly determine the applicant's suitability for services and if accepted Aspirus VNA shall promptly provide services to the individual. If the applicant is found unsuitable for acceptance, VNA shall inform the applicant of other service providers in the area.
- To be treated with consideration, respect and full recognition of dignity and individuality, including privacy in treatment and in care for personal needs, and to have his or her property treated with respect.
- To exercise his or her rights as a patient of Aspirus VNA Home Health, Inc. The patient's family or guardian may exercise the patient's rights where the patient has been judged incompetent.
- To voice grievances regarding treatment of care that is (or fails to be) furnished, or regarding lack of respect for property by anyone who is furnishing services on behalf of Aspirus VNA Home Health, Inc. and must not be subjected to discrimination or reprisal for doing so.
- To call the Director of Patient Services at Aspirus VNA Home Health, Inc. with any complaint at 800-600-8296.
- To register a complaint about Aspirus VNA services to outside parties. This may be done by contacting either of two government-sponsored agencies responsible for assuring quality patient care – The Wisconsin Office of Quality Assurance or for Medicare patients, Metastar.
Wisconsin Toll Free Hotline (24 hrs. a day)
Office of Quality Assurance
Health Services Section
2917 International Lane, Suite 300
Madison, WI 53704
Medicare patients may communicate with:
2909 Landmark Place
Madison, WI 53713
- To use this hotline to lodge complaints concerning the implementation of the advance directive requirements.
- To voice grievances regarding treatment or care that is (or fails to be) furnished regarding the lack of respect for property by anyone who is furnishing services on behalf of the HHA and must not be subjected to discrimination or reprisal for doing so.