Safe Kids Wausau Area
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the proud leader of the Safe Kids Wausau Area Coalition, which seeks to improve childhood safety through many initiatives such as; car seat, bicycle, home, pedestrian, water and fire safety.
To help reduce the impact of injuries, SafeKids Wausau Area provides the following programs:
- Car seat check events on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
- Bicycle safety programs in local schools.
- Delivering Fire Prevention – Teaching families about the importance of working smoke alarms.
- Splash into Safety – Teaching children about water safety
Car Seat Checks
Have your child's car seat checked by certified safety specialists at no cost to you. Car seats available for purchase. Sponsored by the Safe Kids Wausau Area Coalition. Please bring your child along with you.
Results from previous safety seat checks have shown that 4 out of 5 car seats are used incorrectly. Be sure yours is not one of them.
- 1st Wednesday of each month at Aspirus Wausau Hospital from 4-6 pm. The car seat check events are held at the Southeast Entrance (Aspirus Women's Health Birthing Center)
- 3rd Wednesday of each month at Yach's Body & Custom from 11 am-1 pm and 4-6 pm
Inspections by Appointment
If you cannot attend one of the events on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, you can call one of the following locations to set up an appointment:
Aspirus Wausau Hospital
• Michelle Armstrong - 715-847-2864
• Aspirus Children's Safety Center - 715-847-2206
Everest Metro Police Dept.
Leah Long - 715-359-4202
Rothschild Police Dept. (Rothschild Residents Only)
Colleen Gertschen - 715-359-3879
Wausau Police Dept.
Maureen Pilsner - 715-261-7853