Aspirus Senior Health offers Call About Falls, a free monthly community service.
The program is held over the phone and is intended to help you or a loved one lessen the risk of falling down. During the call, attendees will have the opportunity for questions and answers.
- Why we need to take falls seriously. A fall can be a life-changing event.
- Things you can do to avoid a slip, trip or fall.
- The link between your activity level and falling down.
- Why it is important to know and understand your medications.
To register for this program, call the Aspirus Information Center at 715.847.2380 or 800.847.4707.
Facts About Falls
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- One out of three adults age 65 and older falls each year.
- Falls are the most common cause of injury and hospital admission in the U.S.
- Falls racked up about $28 billion in medical costs among people 65 and older in 2010.