ASHP Pharmacy Residency Program
The ASHP accredited PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency Program at Aspirus Wausau Hospital provides residents with a broad range of clinical experiences with a focus on inpatient acute care, drug information, and practice management.
Through pharmacist-directed protocols, residents will gain experience managing total parenteral nutrition, hyperglycemia, kinetics and anticoagulation. Numerous educational opportunities, both public and professional, are available with our partners in palliative care, outpatient oncology, and cardiology.
Pharmacy PGY-1 Residency Program Overview
- Number of available positions: 2
- Length: 12 months starting July 1st (flexible)
- Stipend: Approximately $45,000
- Benefits: Health, life, dental, and disability insurance; 403B retirement program; PTO; travel to ASHP Midyear and Great Lakes Regional Residency Conference; additional travel as agreed upon with Program Director.
- Staffing Requirement: Every other weekend
Core rotations (5-6 weeks):
PGY-1 Residency Program Application Procedures
- Enrollment in the ASHP Residency Match Program.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited school or college of pharmacy.
- Wisconsin pharmacist license obtained within 3 months of residency. For more information visit the Department of Safety & Professional Services website.
- Application materials will be submitted through PhORCAS. For information visit the PhORCAS website.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- College of Pharmacy official transcript.
- Personal statement outlining career short term and long term goals, areas of interest, why you would make a good resident, and reasons for applying to the residency program at Aspirus Wausau Hospital.
- Three samples of pharmacy related work (sample can be from past presentations, drug monographs, or answers to drug information questions).
- Three letters of recommendation.
- All materials must be submitted by January 31.
- After review of application material by the residency committee, applicants will be contacted for a phone interview.
- Selected candidates will be invited for an all-day on-site interview.
If you have any additional questions or you would like to contact our current residents, please contact Debra Berndt:
Pharmacy Department Administrative Assistant
Aspirus Wausau Hospital
333 Pine Ridge Blvd
Wausau, WI 54401
(715)847-2000, ext 53132