Applicants must meet all of the following requirements in order to quality for admission to the program.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, however, an average of 2.75 is recommended due to the competitive nature of the selection process.
A minimum of 90 semester hours (or equivalent), to include the following:
Biology: A minimum of 12 semester (24 quarter) hours to include:
- General Biology
- Microbiology with lab experience
- Parasitology with lab experience
- Molecular Biology
Chemistry: A minimum of 16 semester (24 quarter) hours to include:
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Quantitative Analysis
- Mathematics: A minimum of one college level course. Statistics is strongly recommended.
- Hematology with lab experience
- Immunohematology with lab experience
- Urinalysis with lab experience
- Biology: A minimum of 12 semester (24 quarter) hours to include:
- Applicants who wish to count college credit from a foreign university, who have completed the academic requirements prior to seven years ago, or who wish to seek advanced placement for prior education or experience, should contact the Program Director concerning additional requirements.
- Applicants must possess, or be eligible for, a baccalaureate degree from their university upon satisfactory completion of the clinical practicum.
- Pre-clinical competency tests will be administered covering the prerequisite courses during the first week of Orientation. A score of 60% or higher on each test will be necessary to continue in the program.