Palliative Care is comprehensive care for people with advanced medical illness and is available at any time during a serious illness. Patients can continue to receive active treatment for their disease, while palliative care focuses on helping people live as fully and comfortably as possible while improving their quality of life.
The Palliative Program brings together a team of health care professionals that works with a person's physician to provide care that meets physical, emotional and sprirtual needs. Members of the team include the medical director, nurse practitioner, social worker and chaplain.
Benefits for patients:
- Expertise in managing pain and other symptoms
- Comprehensive view of the overall health situation
- Exploration of health care choices and options for care
- Involvement and support of family members
- Assistance to plan future health care
- Improved quality of life
Benefits for family:
- Peace of mind regarding care for patient
- Access to resource person
- Assistance with questions and concerns
- Information and support for caregiving
Assistance to network with local resources
To make a referral or for more information, please call 715-847-2424 or toll free at 1-866-331-2467.