Investigator Reference Manual
- Download the Investigator Manual in PDF format.
You may review the manual online or print it out. If you do not have access to the Aspirus Onbase Policy System please contact the IRB Office at (715) 847-2569 to acquire a supplemental CD of all applicable research policies and procedures for your review.
The purpose of this manual is intended as a guide for all who plan to carry out research, whether funded or not funded, involving the participation of human subjects. It provides basic information about what materials are needed to apply for human subjects approval and how to do it.
Assistance provided by IRB and Staff
The IRB Members and staff are available to:
- Discuss human subjects issues relevant to your research such as risks and benefits, informed consent, recruiting subjects, advertising, privacy and confidentiality
- Pre-review your research protocol and consent form to identify potential issues and suggest ways to address them prior to IRB review
- Provide educational information on the protection of human research subjects
- Provide guidelines, interpretation of regulatory requirements and research protocol forms
- Prepare needed documents, i.e., Certification of Assurances
Provide the forms and assistance to submit:
- Changes to your research or consent form after research is approved
- Progress reports for the IRB review to continue your research
- Reports of unanticipated or adverse effects
- The final report
For more information about specific IRB requirements and to obtain IRB submission forms, contact Lori Scheller, IRB Coordinator -Human Research Protections Administrator at 847-2569 or email@example.com. In addition, the IRB policies and forms are available on the Aspirus Wausau Hospital IRB website.