Aspirus Press Room
Free skin cancer screenings in Wausau
Mar 5, 2014
WAUSAU, Wis. – Free skin cancer screenings are available at the Aspirus Regional Cancer Center on Saturday, April 5 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Registration is required by calling the Aspirus Information Center at 715.847.2380 or 800.847.4707.
A change on the skin is the most common sign of skin cancer. This may be a new growth, a sore that doesn't heal, or a change in an old growth. Not all skin cancers look the same.
Some common symptoms of skin cancer include:
- A lump that is small, smooth, shiny, pale, or waxy.
- A lump that is firm and red.
- A sore or lump that bleeds or develops a crust or a scab.
- A flat red spot that is rough, dry, or scaly and may become itchy or tender.
- A red or brown patch that is rough and scaly.