We believe that continuing education for all staff is essential to our future. As part of its commitment to becoming a learning organization, we provide various continuing education unit (CEU) offerings throughout the year.
We believe that continuing education:
- Strengthens the confidence and competence of staff
- Builds proficiency in critical skills and leadership
- Strengthens an environment of CARE
- Broadens the context through which practice occurs
- Allows interaction with co-workers
- Enhances the quality of service to patients, families, physicians and other health care team workers
- Expands the knowledge base and impact of professional performance
Continuing education opportunities include:
- Basic EKG class
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) class
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) class
- Trauma Nurse Core Course
- Other varied opportunities in many specialty areas (pain management, patient assessment skills, medication updates, etc.
- Stipend for specialty certification and re-certification
- And, various ongoing educational offerings on a myriad of topics.