Aspirus Press Room
Local initiatives receive $15,800 in grants from Aspirus Health Foundation
Mar 25, 2014
WAUSAU, Wis. – The Aspirus Health Foundation recently awarded $15,808 in grants to four different area initiatives.
The foundation accepts grant applications and awards funding on a quarterly basis each year. The latest initiatives to receive funding include:
- $8,000 to the Neighbors’ Place Hoop House Project in Wausau – Funding to be used to support the creation of a hoop house, which will enable the Wausau food bank to increase food security in Marathon County by providing organic, locally grown produce to people in need year-round.
- $3,000 to Wausau Area Mobile Meals – Funds will be used to help deliver hot, nutritious meals to the elderly or disabled members of the greater Wausau area.
- $1,808 to the Wausau Area Metropolitan Planning Organization and Conservation, Planning, and Zoning Department – Funds will be used to create a bike fixation network along the new metro bicycle routes system to improve safety and accessibility for bicyclists.
- $3,000 to the Rhinelander Area Food Pantry – Funds will be used to provide prepackaged, non-perishable, healthy foods on the weekends to elementary school students who are eligible for the reduced and free lunch program.
The Aspirus Health Foundation accepts grant applications on a quarterly basis and supports community-based efforts that align with its mission to advance the health and well-being of area residents.
The next quarterly deadline for grant applications is May 2. Funding priority is given to:
- Community-based health and wellness activities.
- Programs and scholarships to train our future health care workforce.
- Programs that provide adequate and appropriate nutrition assistance to our most vulnerable community members such as the elderly and children to ensure healthy food is available.
- Community-based assessments that help our communities understand and address identified needs and priorities
Grant guidelines and application materials can be downloaded and completed online at aspirus.org/grants.