Aspirus Press Room
Say Boo to the Flu on Oct. 13
Oct 9, 2012
Special children’s flu clinic available October 13
Say Boo to the Flu
- Who: All Wausau children and their families
- What: Get a seasonal flu vaccine, prevention tips and free giveaways
- When: October 13, 2012 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: Aspirus Pediatrics Clinic; 2720 Plaza Dr. Wausau, WI
- Hosted By: Aspirus VNA Home Health Inc.
- Cost: $30 cash or we can bill insurance
- Incentive: Get a Flu Shot at this event and receive a Free admission with the purchase of one admission to Dimensions of Horror’s Haunted House in Wausau. Visit: www.dohorrors.com
WAUSAU, Wis. – Aspirus VNA Home Health is offering a unique flu clinic on Oct. 13 for children and families.
The event, Say Boo to the Flu, is a Halloween-themed flu clinic being held at Aspirus Pediatrics Clinic in the Aspirus Plaza Drive Clinics building on the Aspirus Wausau Hospital Campus. The clinic runs from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. and offers fun, interactive games for families and free giveaways to help kids forget about their flu vaccinations.
Flu shots at the clinic cost $30 cash, or Aspirus VNA Home Health will bill insurance. Those who get a flu shot at Say Boo to the Flu can also receive a free admission pass to Dimensions of Horror’s Haunted House in Wausau if they purchase an initial admission.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends all healthy children ages 6 months to adult get vaccinated against the seasonal flu, and Aspirus is making the experience of getting a seasonal flu shot more enjoyable and less scary for children.
Say Boo to the Flu is made possible through a national campaign and partnership with the Visiting Nurse Associations of America, Families Fighting Flu and The Clorox Company.
No appointment is necessary for this event. For a listing of additional public flu clinics offered by Aspirus VNA Home Health, go to www.aspirus.org/fluclinics, or call the Aspirus Information Center at 715.847.2380 or 800.847.4707 to have a complete schedule mailed to you.